The RM7965A is a high-performance 64-bit microprocessor with features including a seven-stage dual-issue pipeline, tightly coupled L1 and L2 caches, and sophisticated branch prediction for maintaining pipeline efficiency.
A 200 MHz 64-bit multiplexed system address and data bus (SysAD) enables a high-bandwidth I/O interface to a variety of system controllers providing connectivity to a wide range of networking peripherals. The RM7965A also contains a vectored and prioritized interrupt controller for versatile interrupt configurations.
On-chip EJTAG debug modules ensure smooth and easy debugging for both hardware and software by allowing single-step and state examination. The inclusion of a pipeline-rate branch instruction trace buffer facilitates debugging under operating conditions.
- High-performance MIPS-Powered processor
- High-bandwidth I/O interface
- On-chip debug support
- Extensive third-party software and debug support via the MIPS ecosystem
- CPU core with MIPS64-compatible Instruction Set Architecture that
- 900 MHz to 1 GHz operation
- >2100 Dhrystone 2.1 MIPS at 1 GHz
- Dual-issue superscalar 7-stage pipeline
- 16-KB, 4-way set associative L1 Instruction cache
- 16-KB, 4-way set associative L1 Data cache
- 256-KB, 4-way set associative L2 cache with industry best 5- cycle access latency
- Error Checking and Correcting (ECC) on L2 cache
- Fast Packet Cache to assist processing of packet data
- 8K-entry branch prediction table
- Fully associative 64-entry TLB with dual pages
- High performance Floating Point unit (IEEE 754)
- Fixed-point DSP instructions such as Multiply/Add, Multiply/Subtract, and 3 Operand Multiply High-performance system interface
- Multiple outstanding reads with out of order return
- 1600 MB/s peak throughput
- 200 MHz maximum frequency using HSTL signaling on the SysAD bus
- Multiplexed address/data bus (SysAD) supports 1.5 V, 2.5 V, and 3.3 V I/O logic
- Processor clock multipliers 2, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5, 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- Integrated on-chip EJTAG controller
- 64-entry dynamic Trace Buffer for use in real-time trace and debug
- Two 32-bit virtually addressed Watch registers Integrated performance counters
- Contains 2 independent 32-bit counters
- Counts over 30 processor events including mispredicted branches
- Enables full characterization and analysis of application software
- 256-pin CSBGA package (27x27 mm)
Typical Applications include:
- Voice Gateways
- Multiservice Access Platforms
- DSLAMs/Access Concentrators
- Remote Access Switches
- Web Switches
- Layer 3 Switches
- Backbone Switches/Routers
- Set Top Boxes
- Networked Printers
- Cellular Base Stations
Are you seeing all your results?
If you are a PMC-Sierra Customer or Partner you may have permission
to see additional results on the myPMC product page.
Please log in to the myPMC product page to check.