- Single chip quad ATM and POS User-Network Interface operating at 622 Mbit/s.
- Implements the ATM Forum User Network Interface Specification and the ATM physical layer for Broadband ISDN according to CCITT Recommendation I.432.
- Implements the Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) over SONET/SDH specification according to RFC 2615(1619)/1662 of the PPP Working Group of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).
- Processes four bit-serial 622 Mbit/s STS-12c (STM-4-4c) data streams with on-chip clock and data recovery and clock synthesis.
- Complies with Bellcore GR-253-CORE jitter tolerance, jitter transfer and intrinsic jitter criteria.
- Each channel provides termination for SONET Section, Line and Path overhead or SDH Regenerator Section, Multiplexer Section and High Order Path overhead.
- Provides UTOPIA Level 3 32-bit wide System Interface (clocked up to 104 MHz) with parity support for ATM applications.
- Provides SATURN POS-PHY Level 3 32-bit System Interface (clocked up to 104 MHz) for Packet over SONET (POS), or ATM applications.
- Supports line loopback from the line side receive stream to the transmit stream and diagnostic loopback from the line side transmit stream to the line side receive stream interface.
- Provides support for automatic protection switching including a bi-directional 4-bit PECL 622 MHz port or external APS with mate device.
- Built-in APS cross-connect for internal and external 1+1 and 1:n protection switching.
- Provides a standard five signal IEEE 1149.1 JTAG test port for boundary scan board test purposes.
- Provides a generic 16-bit microprocessor bus interface for configuration, control, and status monitoring.
- Low power 2.5 V CMOS core logic with 3.3 V CMOS/TTL compatible digital inputs and digital outputs. PECL inputs and outputs are 3.3 V compatible.
- Industrial temperature range (-40° C to +85° C).
- 520 pin SBGA package.
- Pin and software compatible with PM5382 S/UNI 16x155.
Typical Applications include:
ATM and Multiservice Switches, Routers, and Switch/Routers.SONET/SDH Add/Drop Multiplexers with data processing capabilitiesUplink Cards.SONET/SDH ATM/POS Test Equipment.
Are you seeing all your results?
If you are a PMC-Sierra Customer or Partner you may have permission
to see additional results on the myPMC product page.
Please log in to the myPMC product page to check.
||S/UNI-4X622 [10 kB] PMC-E2015