- Dual SONET/SDH framer/aggregator for use in channelized STS-192/STM-64 and STS-48/STM-16 applications.
- 20 Gbit/s aggregate capacity. Each of the two framers within the device can be independently configured to support:
- One STS-192/STS-192c/STM-64/STM-64c stream.
- Four STS-48/STS-48c/STM-16/STM-16c streams.
- Supports two STS-192/STM-64 streams via two standard OIF SFI-4 interfaces (duplex 16-bit 622 MHz LVDS) for direct connection to SERDES and CRU/CSU devices.
- Supports up to eight STS-48/STM-16 via SFI-4 interfaces operating in nibble mode.
- Provides two sets of working, protect, and APS interfaces for connection across system backplanes. Each interface consists of four ESSI (Extended SONET Serial Interface) CML links, operating at 2.488 Gbit/s.
- Supports channelized (down to STS-1), concatenated, and arbitrarily concatenated (STS-3cxN) traffic. Changes in traffic configurations are automatically detected.
- Terminates (or monitors) SONET/SDH Section, Line, and Path overhead and provides STS-1 granularity frame alignment and pointer processing.
- Detects and inserts transport and path BIP-8 errors (B1, B2, B3). Detects signal degrade (SD) and signal fail (SF) threshold crossing alarms for B2 and B3.
- Provides overhead passthrough for entire TOH, and re-mapping for B1, B2, and J0 bytes.
- Provides dedicated pins to extract and reinsert the entire transport overhead.
- Provides dedicated pins to extract section and line DCC.
- Supports Automatic Protection Switching:
- K1/K2 byte filtering and BER monitoring.
- Direct line card APS connections via system side APS ports.
- Supports centralized control of SONET/SDH processing by providing in-band status messaging (Transport, Path, and Equipment Status) on the ESSI ports.
- Provides independent STS-1 Memory Switching Units (MSU) for combined time-slot interchange (TSI) and muxing functions in transmit and receive directions.
- Provides independent STS-1 Memory Switching Units (MSU) at the DROP APS port for grooming traffic to support line card pairing or local traffic termination.
- Can be configured in line to line mode (SFI-4 to SFI-4) while independently adding/dropping traffic to/from working and protect system interfaces:
- Supports STS-192/STM-64 or STS-48/STM-16 passthrough, or aggregation of 4xSTS-48/STM-16 via SONET multiplexing or byte interleaving.
- Provides line loopback from the line side receive streams to the transmit streams and supports diagnostic loopback on the system side interface.
- General purpose 16-bit microprocessor interface for configuration, control, and status monitoring.
- Low power 1.2 V core with 2.5/3.3 V I/O.
- Standard 5-signal IEEE 1149.1 JTAG test port for boundary scan board test purposes.
- 1292-pin FCBGA package.
Typical Applications include:
Multi Service Provisioning Platforms (MSPP).Sub Wavelength Cross Connects.Add/Drop Multiplexers.DWDM Platforms.Channelized Routers and Multi Service Switches.
Are you seeing all your results?
If you are a PMC-Sierra Customer or Partner you may have permission
to see additional results on the myPMC product page.
Please log in to the myPMC product page to check.