The PM5426 HyPHY 10G device is a feature-rich, system-on-a-chip solution optimized to enable a new generation of Compact Optical Access platforms for the network edge. HyPHY 10G addresses multi-service transponder and muxponder applications for Multi- Service Provisioning Platform (MSPPs), Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) Platforms, Reconfigurable Optical Add-Drop Multiplexers (ROADMs), Optical Transport Platforms (OTPs), Packet- OTPs, and Optical Access Platforms.
The HyPHY 10G delivers single-chip scalability and feature integration to enable optimal footprint, power, and cost efficiency. The HyPHY 10G provides a rich set of framing, mapping and multiplexing resources for a variety of protocols, including OTN, SONET/SDH, Ethernet, Fibre Channel, ESCON, FICON, and multi-rate bit transparent services such as video.
- Carrier OPEX and CAPEX savings:
- Cost effectively delivers Ethernet, SAN and SONET/SDH services to customer premisest
- Unprecedented service delivery flexibility:
- Supports per-port configurable OTN, SONET/SDH, Ethernet, SAN and bit transparent client services
- Rich suite of client service mappings into OTN and SONET/SDH
- Processor-based Carrier Ethernet:
- Flexible implementations of Synchronous Ethernet, IEEE 1588 Precision Timing Protocol (PTP), and Ethernet Link OAM
- Optimized power and footprint for compact chassis designs:
- Direct connect to SFP, SFP+ and XFP modules for all rates with no external SERDES or PLL components required
- All frequencies derived from a single 155.52 MHz reference clock
- Single-chip solution for muxponders, transponders and optical access platforms
- Glueless interconnect to many off-the-shelf NPs and fabrics
The HyPHY 10G supports two operational modes:
- Transponder Mode: Maps a 10G client to OTU2, OC-192/STM-64 network or system interfaces
- Muxponder Mode: Maps SFP clients to OTU2 or OC-192/STM-64 network or system interfaces
Typical Applications include:
- Optical access platforms for data centers and mobile backhaul
- Transponder and muxponder cards for ROADMs
- MSPP-on-a-wavelength cards
- Multi-Service aggregation cards for switches and routers
Are you seeing all your results?
If you are a PMC-Sierra Customer or Partner you may have permission
to see additional results on the myPMC product page.
Please log in to the myPMC product page to check.