The PM5420 HyPHY 20G device is a feature-rich, high-capacity system-on-a-chip solution that enables universal multi-rate, multiservice line cards, transponder cards, and muxponder cards for Multi-Service Provisioning Platforms (MSPPs), Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) Platforms, Reconfigurable Optical Add-Drop Multiplexers (ROADMs), Optical Transport Platforms (OTPs), Packet-OTPs, and Optical Access Platforms.
The HyPHY 20G delivers unprecedented single-chip scalability and feature integration to enable optimal footprint, power, and cost efficiency. The HyPHY 20G provides a rich set of framing, mapping and multiplexing resources for a variety of protocols, including OTN, SONET/SDH, Ethernet, Fibre Channel, ESCON, FICON, and multi-rate bit transparent services such as video.
- Carrier OPEX and CAPEX savings:
- Simplifies equipment deployment and network management by enabling hybrid TDM/packet platforms
- Dramatically reduces cost of ownership by simplifying line card inventory management
- Unprecedented service delivery flexibility:
- Supports per-port configurable OTN, SONET/SDH, Ethernet, SAN and bit transparent client services
- Rich suite of client service mappings into OTN and SONET/SDH
- Enables full SNCP-base protection switching for meshed
- Processor-based Carrier Ethernet:
- Flexible implementations of Synchronous Ethernet, IEEE 1588 Precision Timing Protocol (PTP), and Ethernet Link OAM (IEEE 802.3ah)
- Optimized power and footprint for OEMs:
- Direct connect to SFP, SFP+ and XFP modules for all rates with no external SERDES or PLL components required
- All frequencies derived from a single 155.52 MHz reference clock
- Single-chip solution for muxponders, transponders and optical access platforms
- Glueless interconnect to many off-the-shelf NPs and fabrics
Typical Applications include:
- Universal line cards for OTPs, P-OTPs, and MSPPs
- Single-chip metro access platforms
- Transponder, Muxponder and MSPP-on-a-wavelength cards for ROADMs
- Mobile backhaul enabled cards for Packet Optical equipment
- OTN uplink cards for Packet Transport Network and IP-RAN equipment
- WAN uplink cards for Broadband Access and Microwave Backhaul platforms
- Video transport (contribution and distribution) equipment
Are you seeing all your results?
If you are a PMC-Sierra Customer or Partner you may have permission
to see additional results on the myPMC product page.
Please log in to the myPMC product page to check.