- Quad Gigabit Ethernet Passive Optical Network (GE-PON) OLT based on the IEEE 802.3ah standard
- Advanced classification engine and support for Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), IP Multicast, IPv4 and IPv6
- Full management of the ONU MAC through an IEEE 802.3ah Operation Administration Management (OAM) protocol
- 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption and decryption engines for PON security and privacy
- Triple-churning encryption engine for PON security and privacy
- Flexible optical transceiver interface for multiple vendor support
- IEEE 802.3ah-compliant Forward Error Correction (FEC) coding for an improved link budget
- IEEE 802.1q-compliant bridge with a core network interface (CNI) to 1000Base-T or 1000Base-X networks
- IEEE 802.3x flow control for the CNI with programmable threshold configuration
- Embedded frame buffers with eight queue priorities per channel with multi-protocol classifier, including:
- VLAN manipulation and QoS support
- 802.1p priority, IPv6 and IPv4
- IPv4 IGMP and IPv6 MLD
- IEEE 802.1d, IEEE 802.1p and IEEE 802.1q bridging, including an 8192-entry address tables with a programmable aging mechanism
- Up to 4 x 32 MB of external memory expansion can be used for downstream traffic
The PAS5204 Quad 1G EPON Optical Line Terminator (OLT) system-on-chip (SoC) integrates the networking capability of four EPON OLTs with a Quad Serial/Deserializer (SERDES) designed to support high-density line cards. This new four-port OLT integrates high-density, enhanced address table capabilities, hardware-supported EPON diagnostics tools, low power consumption, and enhanced system level QoS to support high performance in multi-service Passive Optical Networking (PON) environments. The PAS5204 offers full backward-compatibility to PMC-Sierra's current PAS5201 OLT, providing an easy and straightforward upgrade path to dense OLT line card solutions.
- Four OLT channels integrated in a small form factor
- An integrated SERDES for each of the four OLT channels
- Up to 128 ONUs supported per channel
- Low power consumption
- Hardware-driven Ethernet Passive Optical Network (EPON) diagnostics provide an accurate and quick RSSI lock
- Enhanced address table capabilities
- Backward-compatible Dynamic Bandwidth Allocation (DBA) programmable through software
- Enhanced system-level Quality of Service (QoS) to support high performance in multi-service PON environments
- "Virtual Scope" - EPON network digital diagnostics function, patent pending
Typical Applications include:
- The PAS5204 provides the core of an IEEE 802.3ah-compliant EPON OLT solution. Each of the four channels of this quad EPON OLT device shares an ARM processor subsystem for real-time PON management and programmable Dynamic Bandwidth Allocation (DBA) algorithms.
- The device is ideal for developing solutions targeting Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH), Fiber-to-the-Building (FTTB), Fiber-to-the-Curb (FTTC) and Fiber-to-the-User (FTTU) applications. PMC-Sierra supports this device with a complete software development platform and a board support package that enables developers to create a comprehensive OLT solution.
Are you seeing all your results?
If you are a PMC-Sierra Customer or Partner you may have permission
to see additional results on the myPMC product page.
Please log in to the myPMC product page to check.