- Up to 16 Optical Line Interfaces
- Fully featured Framer/Mapper for up to OC-48/STM-16 bandwidth
- Up to 4K channels, ranging from a single DS0 to full OC- 12c/STM-4
- 1+1 APS protection on all ports (up to 8 working ports and 8 protection ports)
- Up to STM-4/OC-12 per port, for a total of OC-48/STM-16 bandwidth
- Requires only 4 x DDR3 devices for full bandwidth. ECC support optional.
This product brief describes the UFE448, the leading device in PMC-Sierra's Universal Front End 4 (UFE4) product family in terms of features, port density and performance. The UFE448 is a preconditioning co-processor for WinPath3-based Applications targeted for Wireline and Wireless Backhaul Solutions. Together, the WinPath3 and the UFE448 create a platform that enables highly integrated solutions for a range of port densities and bandwidth configurations scaling to 4xOC-12/STM-4 rate with full APS 1+1 redundancy. The UFE448 device enables the WinPath3 to efficiently support a variety of services: TDM, ATM, HDLC, PPP, and Circuit Emulation. The WinPath3 itself also supports many protocol interworking services, including CES over PSN, ATM over PSN, IP interworking (routing), ATM cell switching, IMA, ML-PPP and others. The WinPath3/UFE448 platform allows maximum flexibility and feature richness together with efficiency in cost, power and board space. There are two variants of the UFE448: the UFE448-T4 is optimized for CESoP/SAToP applications, while the UFE448-M4 provides multi-protocol support.
- Any Service, Any Port architecture for all backhaul applications
- High performance, fully featured solution
- Lowers overall system BOM cost
- Reduces time to market
- Minimizes design effort and risk
UFE448 Reference Boards will be available for early software development as add on boards to standard WDS3 development boards
Are you seeing all your results?
If you are a PMC-Sierra Customer or Partner you may have permission
to see additional results on the myPMC product page.
Please log in to the myPMC product page to check.