- 4 OC-3/STM-1 SONET/SDH framers (working and protection)
- 168 T1/126 E1 framers
- 6 M13 multiplexers, including support for G.747 multiplexing
- 6 DS3/E3 framers
- High order path processor for a SONET STS-3 or an SDH STM-1
- Tributary path processor for 168 VT1.5/TU-11s or 126 VT2/TU-12s
- Byte synchronous and bit asynchronous mapper for 168 VT1.5/TU- 11s or 126 VT2/TU-12s
- Tributary path processor for 6 TU-3s
- Mapper for 6 DS3s or 6 E3s (TU-3 and AU-3)
The PM8311 TEMUX 168 is a single device integrating 2xOC-3/STM-1 SONET/SDH framers for working and protect links, 168/126 T1/E1 framers, 6 DS3/E3 framers, 6 M13/G.747 multiplexers and 6 VT/TU mappers. A low pin-count interconnect to additional TEMUX 168 devicesSONET/SDH cross-connects in transport applicationsEthernet over SONET/SDH mappers such as the PMC-Sierra PM4390 ARROW M8xFE
Designed for lower-density applications than its PM8310 TEMUX 336 counterpart, the TEMUX 168 device also interfaces seamlessly with a broad range of PMC-Sierra solutions. The TEMUX 168 includes the Extended Serial SONET/SDH interface (ESSI), enabling:
The device also includes the SBI bus, which enables simple interconnects with PMC-Sierra Layer 2 solutions and third-party network processors. The TEMUX 168 is fully hardware and software compatible with the TEMUX 336.
- Meets ATCA/AMC space and power constraints with its framers/mappers/multiplexers on a single-chip
- Simplifies interconnection to layer 2 processors with an integrated SBI336 bus
- Meets timing requirements for wireless backhaul, critical for for all 168/128 T1/E1s across the SBI336 using the V4 byte
- Enables equipment protection in ACTA/AMC systems with its up to 2xOC-3/STM-1 on a single 4-wire interface
- Supports linear 1+1 protection on the same device or to a companion TEMUX 168
- Enables a scalable architecture from T1/E1 up to OC-12/STM4
- Supports T1/E1 mapping directly into SONET/SDH using V1.5/TU- 11 or VT2/TU-12 or multiplexed DS3s using M13 or G.747
- Supports advanced test features including programmable pattern generation and detection for up to 64 byte sequences
- Ensures reliability with a fully integrated, monolithic IC
Typical Applications include:
- ATCA/AMC-based line cards
- Voice and media gateways
- Wireless base station controllers (BSC) and radio network controllers (RNC)
- Routers and multi-service switches
- Edge aggregation switches
- Multi-service provisioning platforms (MSPP) / Optical Transport Platforms (OTP)
Are you seeing all your results?
If you are a PMC-Sierra Customer or Partner you may have permission
to see additional results on the myPMC product page.
Please log in to the myPMC product page to check.