- 8 OC-3/STM-1 or 2 OC-12/STM-4 SONET/SDH framers
- 336 T1/252 E1 framers
- 12 M13 multiplexers, including support for G.747 multiplexing
- 12 DS3/E3 framers
- High order path processor for a SONET STS-12 or an SDH STM-4
- Tributary path processor for 336 VT1.5/TU-11s or 252 VT2/TU-12s
- Byte-synchronous and bit-asynchronous mapper for 336 VT1.5/TU- 11s or 252 VT2/TU-12s
- Tributary path processor for 12 TU-3s
- Mapper for 12 DS3s or 12 E3s (TU-3 and AU-3)
The PM8310 TEMUX 336 is a high density T1/E1 framer, VT/TU mapper, and M13 multiplexer with integrated SONET/SDH framers for OC- 12/STM-4 and 4xOC-3/STM-1 applications. Feature integration and scalability make the TEMUX 336 ideal for use in ATCA/AMC line cards, voice and media gateways, routers, and multi-service and edge aggregation switches. A low pin-count interconnect to additional TEMUX 336 devices for equipment protection applications Higher-rate SONET/SDH framers such as the PM5336 ARROW 2488 for channelized OC-48/STM-16 designs SONET/SDH cross-connects in transport applicationsEthernet over SONET/SDH mappers such as the PM4390 ARROW M8xFE
The TEMUX 336 device's unique Extended Serial SONET/SDH Interface (ESSI) enables:
Additionally, the device's Scalable Bandwidth Interconnect (SBI) bus enables a simple interconnect to PMC-Sierra Layer 2 solutions such as the FREEDM (HDLC processor), S/UNI IMA (ATM inverse multiplexer) and AAL1gator (ATM-based CES processor) families.
- Complete SONET/SDH front end with T1/E1, DS3/E3 ATCA/AMC space and power constraints
- Integrated SBI bus simplifies interconnection to layer 2 processors
- Meets timing requirements for wireless backhaul, critical for CESbased 336/252 T1/E1s across the SBI using the V4 byte
- Extended Serial SONET/SDH Interface (ESSI) can aggregate up to 4x protection in ACTA/AMC systems
- Supports linear 1+1 protection on the same device or to a companion TEMUX 336 device
- Enables a scalable architecture from T1/E1 up to OC-12/STM-4
- Supports T1/E1 mapping directly into SONET/SDH using VT1.5/TU-11 or VT2/TU-12 or multiplexed in DS3s using M13 or G.747
- Supports advanced test features including programmable pattern generation and detection for up to 64 byte sequences
- Fully integrated, monolithic IC ensures reliability
Typical Applications include:
- ATCA/AMC-based line cards
- Voice and media gateways
- Wireless base station controllers (BSC) and radio network controllers (RNC)
- Routers and multi-service switches
- Edge aggregation switches
- Multi-service provisioning platforms
Are you seeing all your results?
If you are a PMC-Sierra Customer or Partner you may have permission
to see additional results on the myPMC product page.
Please log in to the myPMC product page to check.